PYP is a partnership project which will develop, oversee and sustain youth work for young people aged 8-19 years living across the parish of St Agnes.
The project will focus on delivering youth sessions in the following villages: St. Agnes, Mount Hawke, Blackwater & Porthtowan and ensure young people from smaller outlying communities can access the project by ensuring transport is available.
Our vision is that:
- Young people living in our parish become active members of their communities and society
- Young people living in our community feel safe and confident in their future
- Young people living in our community are treated fairly and equally
Our team of youth workers will achieve this by delivering 4 nights of youth work in each village split over two sessions 8-12yrs and 13-18yrs.
The team will-;
- Ensure activities in communities are co-produced with young people
- Provide the tools that communities and young people need to increase provision for young people
- Evidence that capacity building work with young people and communities will increase activities, provision and support for young people, leading to improved outcomes
- Demonstrate that if the need is proven, then funding will continue – and increase for young people and communities